Jumat, 15 Agustus 2008

Air Asia a Better Low Cost Carier

Last week I flew to Medan with Air Asia, and again at the return trip to Jakarta. It is my first time with this airline and a good chance to compare them with other low cost carier. In my opinion, on their effort to reduce cost Air Asia has develop a certain policy like the ticket policy that I found to be a great inovation.

Air Asia does not issue a bisnis-like ticket like we used to see with other airline such as Adam Air, Loin Air and others. In fact their ticket is a simple print out paper with our name print on it without a predesignated seat. I think this policy save them lots of fund. Without a predesignated seat passenger will compete for their favorite corner and this could reduce passenger satisfaction on the other hand everybody will get a seat eventually.

There are many way to satisfy customer but certainly not with draging them to a different terminal by a bus. Air Asia passenger check in at terminal 1A but board the airplane at terminal 2 for foreign airline, instead of taxiing the plane which require consideable amount of expenxive avtur, they simply move the passenger with a less expensive bus. Sacrifying a bit comfort in exchange with efficiency, utterly briliant !

A passenger who never before have experience with Air Asia should feel less comfortable with the mentioned policy. I assure you their steward and stewardess still as good looking and pretty as other airline and perform their duty as good as it is. If a delay is unavoidable they still gave us meal, and most important they did not get my baggage lost.

To conclude this, all I can say is although Air Asia handle things differently, and ordinary paper for ticket and a bus solar for avtur, they still can satisfy their passenger. I can offer no complaint so I think even they are not the best still I assure you they are better than the others.




( tulisan ini di buat untuk berlatih writing dalam bahasa inggris bukan untuk promosi, penulis tidak mendapat apapun dari Air Asia, tapi berharap mendapat masukan tentang struktur dan gaya penulisan )